Buckeye is engaged in constant activity to maintain safe pipeline operations. In the event of a pipeline release, Buckeye will take the following steps to ensure public safety and protect the environment:
- Shut down the pipeline
- Close valves to isolate the problem
- Identify hazardous areas
- Dispatch personnel to the scene
- Take steps to protect the environment
- Excavate & repair the damaged line
- Work with emergency responders and the public in the affected area.
To assist Buckeye in keeping the pipeline safe, we ask that you always contact your local One Call center before doing any digging.